Feefo Logo
Call an expert: 01489 555 080

Solicitors / Conveyancing

You will need to appoint a solicitor or licensed conveyancer as soon as possible after your offer is accepted.


Conveyancing” is the legal process that must be followed to transfer the ownership of the property from the seller to you. 

The legal aspects of buying a home can be complicated. Although in theory, you can do the legal work yourself, in practice most home-buyers appoint a solicitor or a licensed conveyancer to do the legal work involved in buying a property. That person, known as the conveyancer, will be your legal adviser and will act for you. 

If you do not have preferred solicitors, please complete the contact form below and we will be able to source one for you who is registered with the Law Society. 

Once you have selected a solicitor, we highly recommend that you verify they are registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) at https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

What Will Your Solicitors/Conveyancing do?  

Your solicitor will carry out the following on your behalf: 

  • Get the title deeds (documents giving evidence of ownership) of the property from the seller’s conveyancer and examine them to make sure there are no problems. 
  • Make sure that you will get proper ownership of (title to) the property. 
  • Make sure that there are no planning conditions or particularly harsh conditions of ownership (for example an intrusive right of way) affecting the property. 
  • Make sure the seller has all planning permission and completion certificates for any alterations or extensions to the property. 
  • Check that there are no local developments (for example, road-widening schemes) planned which might affect the value of the property. 
  • Check that the street, pavement and main drains are public and maintained by the local authority. 
  • Negotiate and agree (with the seller’s conveyancer) the draft of the contract setting out the terms on which you are buying. 
  • Register or record the change of title to the property, and the mortgage deed (loan agreement) in favour of the lender, with the Land Registry

Sign up to our newsletter

By clicking subscribe you agree to our privacy policy

We respect your data

We'll always treat your personal details with utmost care, and will never sell them to other companies.

We'd like to send you updates about products and services, promotions, exclusive offers, news and events from CMME by email, SMS, phone and other electronic means. You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us through email, telephone or post.