Have you recently become a contractor, freelancer or self-employed? Have you taken appropriate steps to replace your employee benefits? How long could you manage without an income if you were unable to work?
One of the benefits of being a permanent employee is that there are many protection and insurance policies already in line on your behalf. However, if you are a contractor this is something you will need to secure yourself. A permanent employee will benefit from having at least three months paid leave if they are unable to work, but as a contractor, if you want such security, it is down to you.
In our experience we’ve found;
- 1 in 7 people are experiencing mental health problems in the workplace
- Women in full-time employment are nearly twice as likely to have a common mental health problem as full-time employed men
- Evidence suggests that 12.7% of all sickness absence days in the UK can be attributed to a mental health condition
- 1 in 2 of us will be diagnosed with cancer during our lifetime
- The average age of a claimant on income protection is mid 40’s.
- An average paid claim on income protection is over 7 years. So, for example, if you earn £3,000 per month it means you would lose out on over a quarter of a million of earnings.
But don’t dismay, there are a variety of ways in which you can protect yourself in the unfortunate event that you are unable to work. Permanent health insurance or PHI is the ideal way to make sure that you, your family and your financial affairs are kept protected. This allows you to set aside a monthly amount that will cover you in the future if needed.
- In-depth knowledge of the way contractors work
- Expertise with the Insurance products and solutions most suitable for contractors
- Advice tailored to your individual needs
- Direct access to Underwriters in support of applications
- The ability to replace Death in Service Life cover via your own Limited Company
Find out more about protecting yourself against personal risk and loss of income today.
A short, free consultation with one of our expert advisers will ensure you get a tailored quote. Complete the form below or call us directly on 01489 223 961.