What CMME offers you
As a contractor, we know your home is much more than bricks and mortar. And we know our job is bigger than just arranging a mortgage, that’s why we don’t stop there and offer much more.
Our services include:
- We offer products in the following ‘relevant market’:
- Regulated mortgage contracts that can be used for a non-business purpose.
- We offer a comprehensive range of mortgages from across the market, but not deals that you can access by going directly to a lender.
- We offer an advised sales service. This means we will provide advice and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your specific needs and circumstances.
- We offer products from a range of insurers for Term Assurance, Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident, Sickness and Income Protection.
- We only offer products from a limited number of insurers for Buildings and Contents Insurance. A list of these insurers is available upon request.
- We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs for Term Assurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Income Protection, Buildings and Contents Insurance and cover in the event of accident or sickness.
What will you have to pay for our services?
CMME charge a fee on application of up to £995 per application. This fee is payable when you wish to proceed with the recommendation made. In circumstances where a suitable mortgage offer is not produced as a result of our recommendation then the fee is fully refundable. In addition to the application fee paid by yourself, CMME receives a procuration fee from the lender to whom the application is submitted after successful completion of the mortgage.
At any stage, during the mortgage application process, you have the right to request from CMME the full list of procuration fees from all lenders that CMME has a business relationship with and we will provide you with this information. For all MCD regulated mortgage contracts, the amount of commission, other inducements, or where the amount is not known, notification of the actual amount will be disclosed in the European Standardised Information Sheet (ESIS).
No fee for advising on and arranging non–investment insurance contracts that we deal with.
You will receive a quotation which will tell you about any other fees relating to any particular insurance policy.
Who regulates us?
CMME is a trading name of CMME Mortgages and Protection Ltd, Albany House, 5 Omega Park, Alton, Hampshire GU34 2QE who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our FCA Register number is 414798.
Our permitted business is advising on and arranging non-investment insurance contracts and regulated mortgage contracts. You can check this on the FCA’s Register by visiting the FCA’s Website or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.
What to do if you have a complaint?
If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us…
…in writing: write to The Complaints Officer, CMME, Albany House, 5 Omega Park, Alton, GU34 2QE.
…by e-mail: to The Complaints Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
…by phone: telephone
…via the online dispute resolution platform: Click here
Additionally, CMME will provide a copy of its Complaint Handling Policy upon request. If you cannot settle your complaint, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
…by phone: 0800 023 4567
…by text: 07860 027 586
…online: Click here
…in writing: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim.
Mortgages: Mortgage advising and arranging is covered for up to a maximum amount of £50,000.
Insurance: Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit.
Further information about compensation scheme arrangements is available from the FSCS.